Metal Taste In Mouth Before Period What Can Cause This Metal Taste?

What can cause this metal taste? - metal taste in mouth before period

I always had a constant and strong metallic taste in the mouth for the last two weeks. You know that my teeth are coated with metal, or like I was sucking pennies in particular.
I'm pretty sure I am not deficient in iron. I was weak before, and I sleep like 12 hours and still have trouble waking up. I also had the metallic taste.

My mouth is bleeding or not and, in recent memory. I have not eaten anything that can give a metallic taste. I have fillings or dental work. No tooth pain, neck pain or pain anywhere, anything from my mouth, except taste. So, I take no medications. No vitamins, nothing.

Is it possible for me "; On coming off the pill because after my last period (3 weeks) pregnant. Apart from the taste of metal in my hand, I have no symptoms of pregnancy. My chest is very, very easy, but I think it's because my period is expected later this week. I also had a slight pain and out of the past like 5 minutes and more.

any suggestion that this might be?
I know, I know, a test. but I want to wait and see if my period did not come before you get upset.

2 comments:

Carol B said...

Q metallic taste in your mouth?
I heard a metallic taste in my mouth to say something about your health, but I can not remember what it was. Can you help me?
A (published on 2.8.2005)

A metallic taste in the mouth is a common disorder and can access a variety of causes - the medicines you take to dental problems. In the absence of other symptoms, it is unlikely that the metallic taste in the mouth suggests a serious illness. But if you do not have to fund a comprehensive review recently, I would suggest you ask your doctor so that any problem is diagnosed.

You can also visit your dentist, because the taste can be a symptom of gum disease. Even if you have gum problems, poor oral hygiene can affect taste.Make sure to carefully brush your teeth at least twice daily and use a tongue scraper to remove bacteria and dirt that collect on the tongue. The broken dental work in the past and you can change the taste, if your dentist probably is.

So, I do not drink enough water to contribute to taste problems. Increase your consumption and see if it helps. Although you do not need to drink the standard recommendation of eight glasses of 8 liters of water a day, is my rule of thumb, more than this amount you can comfortably and you have to feel drinking.

Drugs that cause a metallic taste in your mouth are antibiotics like Biaxin (clarithromycin) and Flagyl (metronidazole), used to treat a variety of infections, dCarpets used to hyperthyroidism, captopril, used to treat high blood pressure, griseofulvin, used for skin infections, lithium to treat bipolar disorder when used to treat treat, penicillamine, used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, kidney stones, and too much copper the body, as well as some drugs used in cancer therapy.

When you take all these possible causes, and still have the taste, you may want to consult a Chinese medicine. Such a system could provide an answer for you.

Andrew Weil, MD

Medicine Woman said...

I just read an article the other day, which surprises me. Too much vitamin D leads to a metallic taste in the mouth. My son complains about the same all the time and drink lots of milk to check it for you.

Post a Comment